- To provide forums for discussion and meeting among graduates and former employees as well as friends of the University of Hong Kong.
- To promote educational, community and charitable goals of the association.
- To promote understanding of the economic, social and cultural aspects of residents of Southern California who have immigrated or were relocated from Hong Kong.
- To enhance economic and cultural connections between Hong Kong and Southern California.
- To promote educational and cultural exchanges between the University of Hong Kong and institutions of higher learning in Southern California.
The Association typically organizes several social Events during the year, including an Annual General Meeting Luncheon during Chinese New Year, a Hong Kong Joint Universities Dinner on the 4th of July, and a Mid-Autumn Festival Dinner. There is usually a dim sum luncheon held on the last Tuesday of each month in San Gabriel Valley area, California. All members and friends are most welcome to take part in these activities.
The Association supports the University of Hong Kong in providing Mentors to HKU exchange students attending universities in Southern California.
OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
The Officers and Directors consists of HKU Alumni from different fields of expertise. All officers and directors serve on a voluntary basis and meet once a quarter to plan and discuss matters pertaining to the Association.
HKUAASC is grateful for the services of Past Presidents who have helped to attain the success and continuity of the Association.